Things that have amused me thus far in Madison....
Bus rides - People will go through great lengths not to have to sit next to someone. They will sit in the aisle and put their tiny handbag on the seat by the window. They will stand until someone leaves and they can score their own bench, to again, set their backpack down on the other seat. If they actually muster the nerve to sit down, they sit on the edge of the seat, as if the thought of the person near them disgusts them that much. Not all people do this, but it is quite common. I've mastered the art of the perfect seat - the ones on the side that do not require climbing over someone to get out.
Badger game weekends - The sea of red is quite mesmerizing. It's cute to see all the school spirit. But then you wake up and realize the school spirit is merely a facade to wake up at 11 and play beer pong until the game starts at 3 and continue drinking and celebrate the win (or loss!) by drinking even more at the bars until close. Then you walk home and dodge puke puddles on the road. But that's required even if you weren't sloppy drunk or celebrating the badger game.
Drivers / Pedestrians - The drivers are awful as they ignore the fact of yielding for pedestrians. That right there - is enough said.
Farmers Market - Madison's farmers market is known as one of the best ones around - and I completely agree. The selection is massive and candy to a healthy eye. Of course the ever so popular Squeaky cheese curds, that squeak as they rub you're teeth. They aren't my forte, but a lot seem to eat them. The veggies are bright, and beautiful. But the garlic is super expensive, so we'll stick with buying that from woodmans.
All in all - I love Madison. I can think of other places I'd like to try eventually, but Madison is a perfect fit for now.
Bus rides - People will go through great lengths not to have to sit next to someone. They will sit in the aisle and put their tiny handbag on the seat by the window. They will stand until someone leaves and they can score their own bench, to again, set their backpack down on the other seat. If they actually muster the nerve to sit down, they sit on the edge of the seat, as if the thought of the person near them disgusts them that much. Not all people do this, but it is quite common. I've mastered the art of the perfect seat - the ones on the side that do not require climbing over someone to get out.
Badger game weekends - The sea of red is quite mesmerizing. It's cute to see all the school spirit. But then you wake up and realize the school spirit is merely a facade to wake up at 11 and play beer pong until the game starts at 3 and continue drinking and celebrate the win (or loss!) by drinking even more at the bars until close. Then you walk home and dodge puke puddles on the road. But that's required even if you weren't sloppy drunk or celebrating the badger game.
Drivers / Pedestrians - The drivers are awful as they ignore the fact of yielding for pedestrians. That right there - is enough said.
Farmers Market - Madison's farmers market is known as one of the best ones around - and I completely agree. The selection is massive and candy to a healthy eye. Of course the ever so popular Squeaky cheese curds, that squeak as they rub you're teeth. They aren't my forte, but a lot seem to eat them. The veggies are bright, and beautiful. But the garlic is super expensive, so we'll stick with buying that from woodmans.
All in all - I love Madison. I can think of other places I'd like to try eventually, but Madison is a perfect fit for now.
1 comment:
Oh and I remember seeing a pic of you picking out a few gorgeous flowers at the Madison market too. Can't forget those beauties! :)
Post a Comment